Sunday, December 29, 2013

Random Recommended Reading! Wolverine Weapon X: Adamantium Men

Random Recommended Reading! Wolverine Weapon X: The Adamantium Men

Hello and welcome to my third RRR!

So I've been on a Wolverine kick this past week and I don't know why! Scouring for some interesting stories I came across this shady story arc titled....



This five issue story puts Logan up to his greatest challenge, taking on Weapon X soldiers. A mysterious government group known as Black Guard has obtained the blueprints for the Weapon X experiments. The group plans to mass produce their soldiers to become the nations only form of security.

The Plot

At first I thought the plot was going to be very corny. But after reading into an issue or two I realized I was wrong. It's Wolverine fighting 12 Wolverine wanna be's with laser claws! The only gripe I have with this story is that they don't really specifies why they want Logan dead, other then they don't want any old Weapon X test subjects around. Logan's goal is very obvious, he doesn't want people to replicate Weapon X.

The Art

The art is pretty solid, Ron Garney's Wolverine looks nice. Only issue I had was with Logan's face, sometimes it looked like he had small thin eye sockets.
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge










This was a big hit and miss with me. Sometimes it looked very odd(left side), other times it looked, well, pretty bad ass(right).  But other characters were drawn just fine. Where this really shines for me is the coloring

We get nice pages like this. Where great color and are fuse into an epic fight. The covers are also very detailed. In issue 3 we see Task Force X looking at the reader in a night time jungle setting, the color empathize the eyes and energy claws gives it a kind of Star Wars/ Terminator feel to it. And it looks breath taking.

Action

It's a Wolverine book, need I say more? Every issue is evenly balanced with action and story. This book doesn't hold back on the action either. Nice panels of claws, blood, and laser claws happen quite often. Like the picture above.


The story ends with a twist when Wolverine needs to fight 11 of these super soldiers on an oil rig. But I wont spoil that for you!

Do yourself a favor and pick up Wolverine Weapon X #1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment